Restarting VIC will solve a lot of the common issues you may run into with PARKS DIRECT hardware (printers, cash register drawers, etc.) and is a great place to start when trying to fix equipment. VIC allows your computer to communicate with the hardware attached to it. If something is unable to communicate with your computer, it will NOT work. The easiest way to fix this issue is to restart VIC.
Watch the short video on restarting VIC, or scroll down for step-by-step directions.
First, completely close RecTrac / PARKS DIRECT by using the Logout button on the bottom-left corner.
Using the Logout button will end PARKS DIRECT's current session, which is necessary to restart VIC.
Then restart VIC with the following steps:
1. Select the "show hidden icons" arrow in the bottom right of you screen to display your hidden icons.
2. The tiny V with a green or blue circle is VIC. If you do not see this icon, skip to step 5.
3. Select the VIC icon to show additional options.
4. Select Exit to close VIC.
5. Restart VIC by double clicking on the Vermont Integration Client (VIC) button on your desktop.
Note: VIC runs in the background. It may seem like double-clicking the icon does nothing. The application will launch. You may see the below pop-up message momentarily, but it will quickly disappear.
6. Log back into PARKS DIRECT. If this solution worked your trouble hardware should be functioning. If you continue to experience difficulties please contact the Help Desk by phone at 301-699-2255 or by emailing [email protected]